Ohio's First Dead Drop!!!
So I've been thinking a lot about how to handle this type of cache and I think I've come up with something that should keep it safe so that only cachers will find it. And you won't need a supplementary cable. Here's what you have to do:
1. Find the DEAD DROP flash drive. You'll have to "fish" it out of the picnic table. Don't just yank it - use some finesse.
2. Connect the flashdrive to your computer. You will find only two files - open any other files at your own risk. I'm pretty sure most all Windows Operating Systems have notepad, which is the program that will read the files.
3. Open and read the "readme" file. It's like a welcome letter about this type of cache.
4. Open and sign the logbook file.
5. Leave with a big smile on your face and log the cache here on the OCUS website.
Hopefully, if replaced properly, this should be a muggle proof cache. We'll see how it holds up.