Beginning in 1916 the Lake Erie and Northern offered passenger and freight service from Galt to Port Dover and all villages in between. To cross the busy east-west rail traffic the Black Bridge was built. In 1955 full service stopped, but the line lived on offering freight flag service until 1969. In 1984 CP Rail reactivated some track as well as the Black Bridge thereby connecting Hamilton and Nanticoke Steel Plants. This ended in the early 1990's and the Bridge sat unused. June 2012 saw the grand re-opening of the Black Bridge and it's new life began as part of the Waterford Heritage Trail and Trans Canada Trail network.
To clam the virtual, simpley have a picture taken of yourself on the bridge