World's biggest free geocaching network
Geopaths - matching lots of geocaches
Full statistics, GPX's, all for free!
Mail notifications about new caches and logs
100% geocaching posibilities for free
Du musst eingeloggt sein, um neue Logeinträge hinzuzufügen oder den Cache zu bearbeiten.
stats
Für diesen Cache gibt es noch keine Statistik.
Welcome To Rockwood! - OU0B75
Besitzer: Camroo
N 43° 36.823' W 80° 08.937' N 43° 36' 49.38'' W 80° 08' 56.22'' N 43.61372°  W 80.14895° 
Höhe: m ü. NHN
 Region: Kanada > Ontario
Cacheart: Virtueller Cache
Größe: Kein Behälter
Status: Kann gesucht werden
Versteckt am: 2019-08-31
Erstellt am: 2019-09-01
Veröffentlicht am: 2019-09-09
Zuletzt geändert am: 2019-09-25
0x gefunden
0x nicht gefunden
0 Bemerkungen
watchers 0 Beobachter
628 Aufrufe
0 x bewertet
Bewertet als: n/a
Cacheattribute

Zum Loggen wird ein Passwort benötigt! 

Bitte beachte die Erläuterung zu Opencaching-Attributen!
Beschreibung EN

The Rockwood Woolen Mill was established in 1867 by brothers John Richard, Thomas, and Joseph Harris, and their brother-in-law Thomas Wetherald. The firm advertised in publications in nearby cities such as Guelph, Milton, and Georgetown. The business thrived. Over the years, the mill was powered by the water of the Eramosa River, hydro, and steam.

In the 1880s, a fire harshly damaged the mill. It was replaced by a stone structure in 1884. One of the founding brothers, John Richard Harris, died in 1899; as a result, his sons took over the business. During the First World War, the mill would frequently operate 24 hours a day, securing vast orders for Canadian army blankets. The mill closed its doors in 1931, in the midst of the Great Depression

After the closure of the mill, William Harris, son of John Richard, transformed the site into a private park named Hi-Pot-Lo Park. In 1959 the Grand River Conservation Authority obtained the mill and land from Harris, and the official opening of the park took place in 1963.

A large restoration of the mill ruins was completed over the winter of 2010, allowing it to be open to the public for the 2011 season.

Logging Password:

How Many Letters Are In The Name On The Sign

 

 

 

Logeinträge: gefunden 0x nicht gefunden 0x Bemerkung 0x Alle Einträge